December 5, 2012

Days like today make the crazy ones so worth it....

I am starting to love my Wednesdays. Jarom is gone for school at 7:30 am and then Cole is gone by 9 am. Then its just me and Camrie and Wesley. Usually Wesley is asleep by the time we get home from taking Cole. It never fails you put him in the car seat and go for a drive and he is out!
But so then I have Camrie all to myself for a few hours and I get to see her nice side. We play together we laugh and shop, its a great time. Today I had to run some errands and she pushed her baby doll and stroller all through Walmart with me. It was the cutest thing. ( moments like this when I would have remembered to take a quick picture!)
Then we got home and I was making lunch for us and she had to feed her baby as well. (This time I did remember to get a picture!) I loved watching her feed her, every time she would open her mouth like this. She will be one great mommy someday. I also just had to post this to show you all that really she is sweet some of the time. She is only a devil half the time!!!!
Then today after Jarom got home from school I asked the boys to pick up their room. This is always followed with moans and complaining but today Jarom got right in and picked it up. However it didn't end there. He came out and asked if he could vacuum the rug and collect the trash and pick up outside! I know it was just a one time thing, but I was taking advantage of it and enjoying the help while I got it.
Then this was a great way to end my day. Every time we go out and drive around Camrie asks to look for Christmas lights. I tried to tell her its just at night when you can see them, but that today while daddy was gone at meetings we would drive around and look for lights. There are a few houses close by that do the lights to music and really go all out. We had dinner and got ready for bed and then loaded into the car. We got over to the first house and was sad to find that it wasn't there this year. Don't know if the people moved or if I was in the wrong place, but couldn't find it. The cutest thing came from Jarom as we were leaving the neighborhood... " Oh great, now what do I do, I wrote on a paper at school this week that going to see this house is what I do every year! Christmas just wont be the same!!!
I felt so bad to ruin his night and even worse Christmas!!! I told him we would try and find another house that did the same thing. Then as we were driving to the new neighborhood they start talking to each other about the lights and how you can tell who celebrated Christmas by who puts lights on their house! Then Jarom said " what if someone spent a thousand dollars on Christmas lights!" I told him that it could be very possible some of these houses with so many lights on them.
the Cole spoke up and said yeah well what if they spent 20 19 50 on lights.... thinking that was a huge number! then it became a war to see who could say the highest number. Jarom thought 110 was pretty big! and Cole thought 29 was really big!
We then came to the next neighborhood and they loved the lights! Really quick I think Jarom forgot about the other house, because this house played music and the lights followed it a bit and they also had bubbles. Then he saw the nativity scene in the yard and he said " oh good these people go to church!" I asked how he knew that and he said, " well they have the manger and baby Jesus in their yard so they have to!!!"

I wish I could say the night then ended great and wonderful, I was enjoying being in the car and laughing and being with the kids, but it was TIME FOR BED!.... the worst part of the day and my disobedient kids came back! Trying to get them to bed and keep them in bed is almost impossible. I think Jarom's bladder shrinks to the size of a pea. Camrie wants 10 songs and everyone to come into her and say goodnight before she will finally stay in bed, Cole needs drinks and wont go to sleep unless I sing to him and put his blanket over him PERFECTLY. The boys think its time to play and think I cant hear them sneaking around their room. I try to stay calm but after the 5th time out of bed, then I start to yell and get mad and then I am once again the mean mom! Luckily my kids wake up and never are still mad at me.
I do though have to be grateful. Wesley is finally back to sleeping through the night! between being sick, going through a growth spurt and getting 2 teeth in, he was up every 2 hours and that didn't include either Cole and Camrie thinking they needed to get up as well. So this last week my head has hit my pillow around 9:30 pm and it doesn't get back off until about 6 am!!! That makes for one happy mama!
Now I am off to pick up the house and get ready to this all over again!

1 comment:

Sarah and Terry said...

Love all your updates Jess! We love you guys!