So you moms out there you all know what I am talking about! You start your day off sending your hubby off to work and have such good intentions of cleaning the house early, and looking super cute and being the best mom there ever was! Then you decided to go and check your email, and of course you cant forget Facebook Then the kids want breakfast, they want to play a game, someone made a mess and so you run to clean it up. Babies are crying cause they are hungry or tired again or need a diaper change. You get the mess cleaned up, get the baby back to bed and think to yourself, oh yeah I wanted to check something really quick on Pinterest... an hour later you decide i guess i better go and make sure the kids are ok. they have been playing so nicely.... so you think!!!You come to find that the room is torn apart, or the couch cushions have been taken off the couch or cereal is all over the rug because they got hungry and knew they could reach it them self You cant blame the kids cause you left them alone while you wasted time on the computer. Still sitting in your pajamas you decide you should probably get the kids dressed. Before you know it its time for lunch and the baby is up from the morning nap and you of course are still not ready for the day. You throw together some PB&J or some chicken nuggets, feed the baby and hope he will be happy with toys on the floor so you can hopefully finish up the craft or sewing project before the kids get home from school. Get the others cleaned up from lunch and send some off to their afternoon naps. You look at the clock its already 2:30 and your oldest should be coming through the door any minute! you think to your self where did my day go! You continue to get projects finished, you remember what you had on the menu for dinner that night and change things around because nothing sounds good that you had planned, send the kids outside because they are being too noisy while the young ones are still sleeping. and then its here, the clock reads 4 pm and you know your hubby will be coming through the door in less than 30 minutes!!!!!!
You tell the kids its time to get ready for dad to get home, you start shouting orders, "you put this away!, you do this, no you cant have a snack its almost dinner, no we cant play that game, i have to clean the kitchen." You clean as fast as you can, run into your room and change out of your pajamas you have been in all day and make it look like you have been ready all day and throw on a little bit of makeup so you don't look too much like death, all in the 20 minutes before your hubby walks in the door, so he can have the thoughts of , wow looks like its been a good day around here!
See I told you you would see into my life that you might not know. I am glad to say that most days aren't like this, but well yeah OK more than not they are! Josh today came home and I had already talked to him earlier and told him I needed to stop sewing and get the house picked up. When he got home he said " I have to be honest I was surprised to see the house so clean! I just smiled, he then said, you did it in the last 20 minutes huh!!!
I just replied, well what if I did, all that matters is that you came home to a clean and happy home!!!
gotta love the life of a stay at home mom!!!
1 comment:
I think more often then not this describes most of our days! For me at least it does :)
Post a Comment