December 7, 2012

Friday Family Movie Night!

So thanks to Pintrest I was reading something about how a family had family movie night every friday night. Instead of the parents going out on a date on friday night, they had a date with the kids and made it a big deal.Then left the parents date night to a Saturday night. Josh and I dont really get out on dates too much, so giving up our friday date night to be with the kids wasnt a hard thing to give up.
We have done this for the past month now and its been a lot of fun. Not only is it movie night but we throw a blanket on the floor and our dinner is served in front of the movie. Then to go along with the movie we serve up root beer floats and popcorn and maybe even some kind of special candy.
With it being Christmas time we have decided we would watch a new christmas movie each friday. However our kids love christmas movies and so all 6 of ours that we own have already been watched before December even started so I had to borrow a few.
Friday night has become a night that I look forward to. I hope this tradition keeps up and we do it always. I was even thinking last night as we were sitting on the floor. I hope we are still doing this when Jarom can date and he will bring his date home to have family movie night together! (I mean we will be the cool parents that everyone wants to hang out with right?!!) :)




Dang I am sad this is so dark!

We have kind of found one little problem to our friday night movie night however. After a night of popcorn, rootbeer floats and candy our boys have a hard time settling down. Bed time is hard enough!!!
After many times of telling them it was time for bed, we finally had to split them up. Jarom was sent to the office and Cole was left in the room... Or so we thought. we went to check on them before we went to bed and this is what we found on our way to the room....

 Do you think Cole like being in his room alone?!




No comments: