Jarom loved school this year! He started out with having Mrs Oliver and we had heard that she was the best kindergaten teacher at the school. A few weeks into school, Jarom had a note sent home saying that they were adding a new teacher and that Jarom would be moving to the new class. I didnt really care until they had the kids come over to the school one night and meet the new teacher and see the new classroom. The room that they took us to was a very sad room and nothing was set up, not desks and nothing on the walls. As we left Jarom was in tears and very upset to go to the new class. Of course i would be to. leave a classroom with fun things on the walls. desks set up and think that you are moving to a new class and you dont even get a desk.
I was so upset about it that i emailed the teachers and let them know how i felt about the whole thing. They apologized and everything ended up being great, but it was a rough start.
As the year went on, I was actaully very grateful Jarom got changed to the new class and fell in love with his teacher Mrs Alspaugh. She was amazing and Jarom really grew to love her.
I loved going in for parent teacher conferences and to hear all the funny things that Jarom would do or say. I told her one time that I try to ask Jarom what they did each day and he never would remember or tell me, She was so suprised to hear that and she told me well that is funny cause i hear about everything you guys do each night! such a funny kid.
Jarom was giving the "Paws" award from Mrs Alspaugh this year. The teacher was able to pick one student from the class that showed leadership skills, was a hard worker, was honest and trustworthy and just an all around good student. I had no idea that he was getting this award and he was actually given the award first in front of the whole school and then later again when his teacher gave out her own awards. I was good and held back the tears, but that was a very proud moment for me as a mom for him. I know that Jarom is a great kid, but to see that he was the best out of a whole class and that he is an example to his classmates and that what i am teaching him at home he is putting into practice, made me proud. WE LOVE YOU JAROM!
No comments:
Post a Comment