May 22, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa came to town

My mom and Kirt were able to take about a week and come to visit. Hey would have come sooner, but the Sunday after Wesley was born they were off to Hawaii for their honeymoon. So they got back Sunday, were home for 2 days and then took 2 days to travel to get here. 
I was so nice having my mom here to help and also a lot of fun to get to know Kirt better. Really it was the first time that we got to be around him since at the wedding my kids were sick and it wasnt the greatest trip for our family. 
I always love when my mom comes to town after having a baby because she is so good with the kids, she takes over and i am able to rest and recover. It was even better having Kirt here because he took the boys and mom took camrie and I took Wesley. 
They sure did spoil us while they were here and Jarom fell in love with Kirt. I think we all did. As hard as it was for me to come to terms with my mom getting married so soon, I couldnt ask for someone better for my mom. Kirt is an amazing guy and I think he fits in very well with our family. 
Kirt also fell in love with Wesley. He was so good with him and as soon as he would hold Wesley he was alseep and so content. The day they were trying to leave Kirt was holding Wes and my mom asked Kirt to go and pull the car in so they could start loading and Kirt told my mom that he was holding Wesley and was busy! I loved it.     
 
Mom got to feed wesley his first bottle. Josh and I took advantage of having inhome babysitters and so we went out for the night. Wesley did great and has had many more bottles. its been so nice to just pump a bottle and leave him. I guess that also comes with being the 4th. even when i am home its nice to pump a bottle and just let one of the other kids feed him!



My kids always love it when grandma comes. Jarom was so excited that finally Grandma would be coming with Grandpa and that she wasnt alone anymore! They really did take to Grandpa Kirt and I think Kirt took to them. It was so cute. Jarom still had a week left of school when they were here and so grandma and grandpa got up early every morning and walked Jarom to school. Jarom was in heaven because they would walk him to his classroom every day. Poor kids ever since i was pregnant i took him to the end of the street and he had to walk himself. So getting the extra time and being taken to his classroom he thought it was pretty cool. The last day that my mom and kirt were here Jarom was still in school and so when he got home Kirt had written Jarom a note. Jarom was so sad to have them gone. He was in tears when he read the note. Kirt was so sweet and i hope they can keep that neat bond that they made. I asked Jarom if he wanted to keep the not that Kirt had written and he said, " No it will just make me cry! ".



 Camrie got spoiled by Grandma. It was so cute you would here camrie run around the house saying  Grandma, where are you? Camrie wakes up really early and every morning about 5:45 she was up and ready to go and she learned really quickly just like the boys always did, that it was more fun to go and be with grandma and grandpa in the morning than it was to come and get josh and I. Kirt kept feeling bad that i was up so much in the middle of the night and that he couldnt help out more! he asked if i would pump a bottle so he could take a feeding in the night. I told him no you just sleep so at 5:45 you are ready to deal with Camrie! She is one crazy girl and as hard as i try she is up early and ready to go!
 the boys loved swimming with grandpa, ready books, playing outside and playing uno. I am so grateful that my boys will have such a neat guy to call grandpa and someone to look up to. I hope at least Jarom that he will never forget my dad, but i look forward to all the fun memories that they will be able to have and make with Grandpa Kirt. The other day I kept saying grandpa Kirt and Jarom turned to me and said mom why do you call him grandpa Kirt, just call him Grandpa! I thought it was so cute.
My crazy kiddos. What a cute bunch of kids. We had a blast while grandma and grandpa were here. I was so scared to have them leave. I love having my mom come, but in a way its so hard cause i could really get use to the extra help around the help and the extra help with the kids. They all need attention and with a new baby i knew i wasnt going to be able to give it to them. Thankfully mom and Kirt were able to help out in that department and we cant wait for them to come back and play. I thought i was going to be able to convince Kirt that they needed to move here. Kirt fell in love with Arizona the first few days here with all the swimming and great weather. Then we ventured out to the railroad park in scottsdale and it about did him in and from that point on, Arizona wasnt as nice as he thought. We will just have to get him back here in the winter and then he might change his mind again!!!
Its always fun when grandma and grandpa come! thanks for all the help and come back soon!

No comments: