June 29, 2012

Update! Update! Get ready its a long ONE!!!

So I think its about time to have an update. So much for this being my family journal and a place to keep record of things going on with our family. I have been so bad for the past 2 years! I guess that is what happens when you are so busy with kids!!!

Speaking of kids... do I really have 4 kids! Craziness that is all I can say! I never talk on the phone anymore, we don't go any where and i dont know if there is ever a quiet moment! However I wouldnt change one thing about it.
However i have two napping and 2 outside playing and so that is why i am able to even be doing this post!

We are adjusting to the change and making the most of each day! The first week was a bit rough. Josh came home one night to me very frustrated with the kids, and so for family night it ended up being a family council kind of night. We had to make a game plan and fix a few things or we were not going to get through the summer.

Jarom went to bed that night and told me " Mom I didnt like that family night!" I told him I didnt want him to and to never forget it so we dont have to have another one like it!

I have to report that it has worked and our summer at our house is going along wonderful. The kids are doing a wonderful job at helping around the house and getting chores done and I am a super happy mama!

Jarom has come to find that his favorite job is doing the dishes! Josh said one night, " Man why didnt we figure this out sooner, we have been missing out on a great helper!"
even little Camrie is a great helper and goes around the house and collects all the trash! It really does make a mom proud when your family has reached a new point in life. Maybe cleaning the house isnt always going to be aweful and maybe having 4 kids will be worth it!!!

Wesley is growing like a weed and getting super chunky! I love it! i stepped on the scale at Josh's work the other day and figured it out and he is already 12 pounds!! much more than i thought he would be! Cant wait to be with family next weekend and to show him off. Wes is our loudest baby and always sounds like he cant breathe. freaks everyone out that is around him, but have checked with the dr and nurses and they said not to worry. He isnt sleeping through the night, but pretty close. He sleeps enough to allow for me to get up at 6am and get back into running. Me and my friend Katrina are up to 4 miles!!! last wednesday when we ran at 6am we got done to find out it was already 90 degrees outside!!! we were dying. However it does feel great to be running again. Its been a long time since i have run and to have a great running partner is even better.

The kids live in the pool! Jarom is back to his super tan color and Cole isnt far behind. The three kids head out to the pool about 7:30am and are in and out for the rest of the day! I probably shouldnt post this, but the pool is a wonderful babysitter and many times when they are driving me crazy i send them all to the pool so i can get some peace and quiet in the house! good thing they are all three good swimmers and love the water! Wish Wesley was bigger so we could all be out there, but i haven't put him in yet, soon though!

I am very pleased with how all the kids have adjusted to having another baby around. Camrie loves to hold him and Cole is my go to boy if i need any help with Wes. He is so natural with him. I love to watch him go up and tough his face and talk to him. Jarom is a great helper when he has to be, but Cole he asks if he can help and I love it. Jarom is my big helper with Camrie and I can see Cole and Wesley being the same way.

Camrie right now likes to do everything her self. Its cute to watch but also can be so hard to deal with when you are in a hurry, or if she gets so mad that she cant do it herself. She has a little temper too! (I wonder where she gets that from!) Many times she makes Jarom and Cole cry because she doesnt like what they are doing, and so she will bite or scratch them! Many times i know its because they are bugging her, but other times its just because she is mean. I love that she can hold her own, but i think we might have a little Jessica on our hands!! I guess i have mellowed out a bit and so i think there is hope for her too.
For her birthday i was at a loss as to what to get her! She is so use to playing with the boys that she doesn't really have any girl toys. So we got her a princess castle fort, and some of the dress up shoes. I don't think she is yet to really wear the shoes, She gets too mad at them cause she cant walk in them and kicks them off!
I guess my efforts to help her be our princess were pointless! She makes me laugh every day and I am so grateful to have her as my daughter.

Cole and Jarom i think at times get annoyed by Camrie but they too are very good at playing all together and having a great time. I was so worried that they would fight all summer, but many times i will hear them say to each other " you are my best buddy" i hope that never changes!!!


Josh is staying busy with work and his bishopric calling. Right now our Bishop is out of town and has been for the past month. He has come back for 2 weekends, but right now Josh is being the Bishop and 1st Councilor! Its been pretty crazy, but Josh is handling it well. I walked by the Bishops office on sunday and he was in there working on something at the desk and I said to him " That chair fits you quiet nicely!" He said if I was closer he would slap me! The elders in our ward even call him Bishop Lewis sometimes! HE HATES IT!
Josh also just got finished putting in pavers in our front porch and we finally are starting to look like we live at our house from the front! Only taken about 4 years but who's counting! I also have my first flowers to plant and water and take care of! I LOVE IT
Josh finished the job Saturday before Fathers' Day and the next day he was so tired. He didnt do anything he felt like he had been hit by a truck... Happy Fathers' Day to him! He is amazing though, I dont think there is anything he cant do! I love this guy!

We cant wait to get out of the heat and go to Utah. We are going to be able to see all of my family and also Josh's. We have a family reunion planned for josh's family in Park City and cant wait to be around everyone for a bit.
We have decided to bless Wesley in utah because if we waited 1 week we could have both families there and we are so excited to all be together. It will be a fun day.
Then after Utah, Josh will be off to California to hike Half Dome with his dad and sister and uncle and cousins. It will be one fun trip! I am so jealous! Me and the kids will just have to hold the fort down while he is gone!

Well i will have to post a few pictures later. I tried to but my camera is dead and so the pictures will have to wait. Sorry its just a long post with no pictures, but I figured I should use this quiet time and update. The time didn't last long, Cole is wanting to play a game so I better end! 


No comments: