Today started out to be such a great day. Camrie slept all night, Jarom and I had some one on one time early in the morning, we cleared some junk out of the backyard while Camrie was sleeping, I got to vacuum my floors after having my vacuum break last weekend; it was turning out to be a great day.
Until.... Camrie woke up and I decided to let her have some tummy time on the floor in the living room. The boys were back in their room playing, I was finishing up the last room of vacuuming and Camrie was happy as could be out on the floor.
The next thing I know, I hear Camrie let out a weird noise and Jarom start to cry. I go running out to pick up Camrie and hold her until she starts to catch her breath. Of course I freaked out and started to yell asking Jarom what happened and he just said "I don't know". I tried to calm Camrie down and get out of Jarom what happened. He finally tells me that he was spinning and didn't see Camrie on the floor and stepped right on her neck/back. I could tell that something wasn't right because she was just screaming and wouldn't stop. I called Josh to let him know and then tried to get ahold of a few doctors that are in our ward. All were busy until the afternoon. She nursed and fell asleep and so things were too bad.
We went over to our bishops house around noon. He was going to be home for his lunch break and said to come by. He checked her out and she screamed the whole time. He called over to Children's Hospital and sent me to get some x-rays.
4 hours later we find that she has fractured her collarbone!!! Are you kidding?! She is the last one I would have thought I would be in the ER with. I so had my money on COLE.
I guess when you have 2 brothers like Jarom and Cole it was bound to happen sooner or later. She is one tough girl. You know she is in a lot of pain because she never cries like this.But even with her collarbone broken she is still super cute
So we finally get home and the boys were eating Wendy's. I was not in the mood to come home and cook so Wendy's did the cooking tonight. Josh got home and the boys were starting to get a bit crazy. I sent them outside to play and not 20 minutes later we hear a blood curling scream from Jarom. He comes running up to the door and his ear was bleeding and already black and blue. Some how he had hit his ear on the brick wall in our backyard!!!!
These pictures don't even do it justice. His ear is HUGE!!!Josh says its full of blood and he thinks we are going to have to get it drained somehow.After this I made Cole sit one the couch and not move. I didn't want anything to happen to him. Just kidding but I have to say I was sure ready to put him to bed and to end this day. How much drama can one mama have in a day?!!!!It was sure enough for me.So with the end of this post I am off to bed to see what tomorrow has in store for me!!
8 comments:
OH so SAD!!! Poor kids and poor you! I hope Josh was there when Jarom got hurt so that you weren't alone for that one too!
Praying that you all sleep well tonight! I'll check in with you tomorrow!
Oh my gosh! I about cried seeing the picture of little Camrie all wrapped up. Poor baby girl!! :( Hoping for a better tomorrow for you...
AGH! Jess, I am SO sorry:( What a day. You are one amazing woman, that is for sure. Hopefully you can rest well knowing that the odds are totally in your favor that tomorrow will be a much better day!
Oh my goodness! I would NOT have handled myself as well as you, that's for sure. Good luck this week, I hope it gets better. Poor Camrie- but she looks so cute! Hang in there!
What a day! Hope that she heals up nicely....will she have to wear that wrap very long?
so sad Jess! Are they any better now? Didi you have to take Jarom in for his ear?
YIkes! That is pretty scary. Lets just hope that you don't have any more days like too soon!
Poor little Camrie. And I bet Jarom felt so horrible about squishing her. It is crazy how some days are just like that. I hope you don't have another one for a lonng time.
Post a Comment