That night Josh caught two crickets and put them in the cage. The praying mantis didn't do anything with them until the next day. Jarom was at school and so he missed the praying mantis catching and eating the cricket. I on the other hand couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was so crazy to watch it attack the cricket and eat it. A few days later Jarom got to see the cricket get eaten. Jarom thought it was so cool. He told me that he wanted to keep it as his pet. I told him ok. But then I asked when we were going to let it go. he told me, never its my pet, " you don't give your pets away"!!
Finally Monday morning I told Josh we had to get rid of it. Jarom didn't even care about it anymore and I wanted it off my kitchen counter. When we told Jarom we were going to let it go, he cried and was so sad. He is quiet my Drama Queen. I told him he could take some pictures to remember it and then I told him I would put the bug cage out and if it went back in then we could keep it, but if it flew away then we would know that it didn't like it in there.
A few minutes later he went to check and it was gone. He was so sad. But of course since that day he hasn't said one word about "HIS PET".
It was fun while it lasted.
1 comment:
we have found a couple of those around our house. the first one i fed to the scorpions and the second i played with just to freak jay out lol they are so cute!
Post a Comment