Jess I have been in an accident..... of course all these thoughts go through my mind. Trying to stay calm my first concern is ARE YOU OK? he says yes he is, he hit his head and cut it but he is fine. My next is where are you, where did it happen? He tells me he is on Peoria and 45 ave. For those of you that don't know we live at 47th and Peoria. He wasn't 2 blocks from our home!!!! Then my next concern and the one I am hoping is somewhat the news I want to get, WHOSE FAULT WAS IT!!!! It was the other persons. He was driving east on Peoria heading to work and a lady in a van came from the side street from a neighborhood and ran the stop sign and ran right into the front passenger side of Josh. He tried to swerve over into the center lane. He being in the lane next to it, but she came too fast. She hit the front sent Josh flying into the rear view mirror to cut his head, but then they both swung around and the van hit the back side of the passenger side and then she spun some more and was heading the opposite way.
Josh said the whole time it was happening he just kept thinking, please say this is a dream.
By the time Josh called me the paramedics had already come and checked him out, the police were there and the tow truck was getting things moved. The poor truck is pretty messed up.
I had to pack the boys up and run over to get Josh. I told Jarom that daddy had been in a car accident and that we needed to go and get him. Poor kid he is so sensitive that he just started to ask all these questions.... then when we got to Josh and He had blood on his head and the truck was all crushed Jarom started to cry and just kept saying, I am just so worried for daddy. It took a good 30 mins before Jarom calmed down.
Such a sweet little boy he is. I love that about him.
We are so lucky though. I ran over to my neighbors to see if they would watch the boys so Josh and I could go and get his head stitched up and get his neck looked at. I felt so bad to leave Cole because he was SO sick and Jarom was just getting over being sick, but our neighbor Maxine took the boys no problem and they were fine. Cole looked pretty bad by the time we got back to him.
We spent the rest of the day at the Drs and got 5 staples put in his head and was able to go and get xrays of his neck and get his back worked on. By the time we got home around 2pm he was so tired.
We also had members of the ward that got word of it and they said that dinner would be to us around 5:30 and many more called to make sure everything was ok. We are surrounded by the best neighbors and friends. Thanks to all of you that called and helped us out. WE REALLY APPRECIATED IT.
Today is now Thursday, 2 days after the accident. Josh went back to work for half a day yesterday and by the end of the day feeling pretty lousy. He is still really sore. He said to me yesterday I have never been in a fight but I can imagine this is how you would feel if you lost!!!
Now we just hope that things with the insurance company goes smoothly and we don't have to fight too much to get things covered. We also hope that we get good news about the truck. We really don't see there being any way that it isn't totalled, so we just hope that we can get a good amount back from it to get him a new truck.
One thing that I did tell Josh was I am really glad that this wasn't worst than it was and I was even more glad that he told us all that he Loved us before he left. That is my biggest fear that one of us will leave and something will happen and those few simple words weren't said. Its so scary how fast things can change.
I am grateful he is ok and only the truck received the worst damage.
Not always the thing you want to deal with when we are trying to save and plan for a new baby, but we will make the best of the situation and hope all goes well.
now for the long awaited photos...





6 comments:
I'm so glad he is ok! Hope everything works out with the insurance.
So scary! Even just reading it I was tearing up. So glad he's okay! Insrance is a pain-but gad it wasn't his fault.
So sorry to hear about this. May the Lord bless you guys!
Oh my gosh, I had no idea about this!! I am so glad that he is ok, how scary for all of you! Let us know if you need anything, and if you ever have need of another emergency kid drop off, know that you could always count on us! Love you guys, glad you are all ok!
aahhh, that is so so scary! I am so happy that he is okay! Good luck with all the insurance stuff, I know that is not fun!
Sorry to hear about this...that's so scary! I'm glad he is okay.
Post a Comment