So over by the pool we have two palm trees.
We have had the cut it back about 3 times and every time we are trimming it back we say how much we hate it. So last Saturday when we were filling in all the trenches Josh says to me, Hey while you are over there why don't you take out that palm tree.
So for those of you that knew me growing up, you know that I was always up for a challenge and would do whatever it took to prove that I could do something when someone said something to me like this. I guess I haven't really changed. When I heard Josh say that to me I knew he was joking, but I wasn't. I was going to do all it took to get that tree out.
About 30 minutes later, Josh looks over and I am sweating and totally going at the palm tree with the pick ax. He says, You know I was just kidding don't you?
So the next time I was able to work on it was Monday. Josh left for work and I told my self that I was going to have that Palm tree out before he got home from work. He called me around 1pm and asked how my day was. I had actually just come in from FINALLY getting the palm tree out. It was a beast, my hand was all cut up, my back was killing me and it was SUPER HOT out.
I wasn't going to tell him that I had just gotten the tree out, I was going to wait till he came home, but his next question was.... So did you get the palm tree out? So I told him, yep I just got it out. He didn't believe me at first, I almost took a picture and sent it to him. He was pretty impressed, not as much as I was for being able to get it out BY MY SELF, but we were both glad to see it gone.
Here are just a few pictures to see what I am talking about.
Its not a huge palm tree, but if any of you have ever taken out a palm tree, you know they have a ton of roots that are right underneath the tree and when they are so close like that, well its pretty hard to get under.
ok enough bragging, but I will say I was pretty happy to get that out for Josh so he didn't have to do it. And ok.... even more happy to say that I took out a palm tree BY MYSELF!!!
2 comments:
way to go she-ra!
You are a maniac but I am very impressed!
Post a Comment