November 2, 2013

Casa Grande Triathlon November 2, 2013

Josh and I had the chance to participate in another Triathlon together. Katrina, was signed up for it and I was ready to finally do another one. So I signed up and then Josh wanted to join along. I love when we get the chance to race together. I hope we do many more together.
It was a great race. I wasnt super ready. We had gotten sick and I also just was lazy. It came much faster than I had planned. My days seem to be doing that more and more.
About a week before i finally did a few bike rides and I have been running a few 3 miles runs here and there and so I guess I was ready.
I was totally fine with doing the race and then Friday night about 9 pm it hit. I was getting my things together and making sure I was all prepared and my mind took me back to the morning of the race with my dad. I felt as though I was right there. It was like I was watching a movie right before me. I knelt down and untied my dads shoes and got them all ready for when he would come out of the water from the swim. " It will be much easier for you, dad if you have your shoes untied". and then I placed his glasses back inside his shoes and we then proceeded over to the lake.

And then it was over! I started crying and tried to get my emotions in control. I am grafeful for that morning that I had with my dad. I had just had Camrie a month before. I wasnt signed up for the race and wasnt ready at all. I signed up thursday night and I will never forget those last minutes I had with my dad. It was just us. We were looking for my mom and Josh and Shane. They were suppose to be there for the start of the race. We couldnt find them. We stretched and got ready for our wave to go. I was freezing and i know what we were both very nervous. Our wave was called over and still no mom or Josh, or at least we thought! I could tell that dad was a little upset that he couldnt see my mom. I think the thought came to him, typical mom she is late! I then remember my dad putting on his goggles and I couldnt see his eyes anymore. It was a very dark lens. But one thing that I do remember and will never forget is he did as he would have done any other time, he tapped me on my shoulder and said " Good luck Babe!" those are my last words from my dad.
Had I known that was my last time talking, seeing, or even standing next to my dad, i would have hung on and never let go!
I was so worried about my dad and I kept looking up as I was swimming trying to find my dad. I wanted to make sure he was ok. But than i also kept hearing something say, just go, he wouldn't want you to baby him. He is prepared and he will be fine.
I finished the swim and finally saw Josh and my mom and Shane and then I was off for the bike. I kept trying to find my dad, I knew he would pass me on the bike because He was so good on his bike. That was is strong point and for sure not mine. I felt many times i heard my dad cheering me on, but he was never there. I got done with the bike and as I came into transition, there was a worker standing there saying, 209, 209, she is here! I thought that was so weird, why did they care i was in. Then it all hit and my life has been forever changed from that moment.

I am so grateful I have a friend that loves to be active like I do and keeps me moving forward and helps push me and gets me to sign up for races. I love doing them but I dont think i would do it unless i had someone else there doing it with me. This race i had both Katrina and Josh! It was such a great feeling to be so tired and to come across that finish line and have them both there cheering me on.

Its even more fun to feel your dad right there with you as you feel like you cant bike another mile, or know that he is helping you stand as you get off your bike and your legs are weak and you have to run 3 miles. I am so excited to do my next triathlon! Not only because I love doing them, but i love feeling so close to my dad  I know he is right there finishing them with me !


No comments: