Yes, I did two races in two weekends! This one was much more messy, but man was it hard. It was only 3.2 miles, but after it rained all day Friday the course was a huge mud hole and made running a bit more challenging!! Still had a ton of fun. Probably one of my favorite kinds of races! Even more fun because I get to go and do it with Josh. I love that he likes to do this kind of thing too and we can go and get muddy together. My only goal was to stay with him. every year he beats me. I thought for sure after training for the half i would be in better shape and totally be able to do it! yeah he showed me up again! 

These were our shoes before we even started the race! Josh actually took his shoes off 5 minutes into the race and ran the rest of the race bare foot! What an animal! This is saying a lot for him since about 6 months ago he would never walk around without shoes on. Mine stayed on the whole time, but tossed them in the trash before I got into the car.
Tired to get a picture of Josh before he washed all the mud off, but he was too fast for me! Thanks for a fun Saturday morning! It almost didn't happen. I had lined up babysitters for the kids, the older ones were going one way and the younger were going another. figured it would be best to split them up and not drop 4 kids off on someone early Saturday morning. About 3 am this time it was Camrie. She decided to throw up and didn't stop until about 5am. Again it was a long night. Knew we couldn't take her to someones house that had kids. We had to leave by 7:45 and so we needed to hurry but also couldn't call too early. called a few people , but had no luck. Finally called our Bishops wife and she was a lifesaver! She took Camrie even though she was sick and we could still go enjoy the race. Josh and I decided we have too many kids! They make things like this that are suppose to be fun too stressful!!

No comments:
Post a Comment