The training began! My best friend and training partner got to work and she printed us out a schedule and we slowly worked our way up to ten miles.
I cant believe that March 2nd has already come and gone, but I am so happy to say that I have done a half marathon and will totally be doing more.
Grateful for Katrina for keeping me going and working so hard with me for the 6 months prior to the race. She had knee issues and she never stopped! She is amazing and hope one day I can be just like her. It was Her birthday the day of the race! The night before we headed over to Olive Garden to Celebrate her birthday and load up on some carbs before the big 13.1!
We had to be over in Mesa before 5:15am to catch the last bus ride over to the starting line. We left Glendale around 4am! It was a long night for me, Cole was up throwing up and sick. We had already had a month long of sickness and then they decided to get sick again and this time it was throwing up and diarrhea No fun at our house. Josh was planning on coming out to cheer me on, but after Cole was up sick, I told him to stay home and Katrina and her family would cheer me on! We were on the bus and my stomach was getting jittery and nervous! 13.1 miles hope i can do this!!

It was pretty cold before the race started. Luckily they had heaters all over the place that 4,000 runners huddled around trying to stay warm. One last picture before the race began!

Me, Michelle ( katrina's Sister in law), & Katrina
I stayed close to the finish line so I could find Katrina and Michelle after but my body was hurting so bad and it hurt to run for 2 hrs and then to just stop. We finally got some ice on us and it was HEAVEN! I am so proud of Katrina she finished in 2:21 and Michelle in 2:23! I will totally do this race again!
Sunday the kids weren't feeling good still and so it was no church for me AGAIN!! it is so hard to be so use to going to church and then not being able to go. And with josh in the Bishopric you cant really trade off or take turns. I really wanted to go to sacrament meeting and so I hurried and got the kids ready sat on the last row in the back and went to church. It was fast Sunday and I wasn't planning on bearing my testimony but something walked me up to the front. could barely make it up the stairs, but I did.
I thought i would share my thoughts here as well.
Having 2 hrs to run and do nothing else gives you a lot of time to think. I did all that I could to prepare and train and be ready and when the day comes there isn't much you can do if you aren't ready. I was nervous but knew I was going to be fine because I did train and work hard before. As the race started I was feeling great. It was fun and easy and something new. You had people cheering you on and excited for you. Then you hit a point where you kind of forget that you are running and you just continue to go through the motions. Then you hit a point where you are getting tired, you want to stop, slow down just for a little bit! Then you tell yourself NO and keep going, you have more people cheering you on and telling you not to give up! You are hurting and its almost over. The only thing keeping you going is to know that there is a finish. You pass mile 11, 12 and then you can hear and see the finish line. You don't know most of the people standing around cheering you on, but they are so proud of you! You enter the finish line and you finally can stop! 13.1 miles is done! YOU DID IT! all the hard work and dedication had paid off and you have finished the fight!
Cant help but relate this to life! You have no clue what you are getting yourself into but you prepare and train and stay dedicated so whatever life throws at you, you are prepared and ready. You hit bumps along the way, you get tired and want to stop, want to slow down. But you don't You have people cheering you on and help you keep going. You then see the finish line and you get excited to finish and know that its almost over. As you are returning to your Heavenly Father there are many people standing there to greet you, telling you good job! And as you pass that finish line you are so excited to be done and know that you gave it your all!
Ok so call me crazy that I thought about all that, maybe that is what 13.1 miles does to your brain and what running for 2 hrs straight does! I love it though. I love running, have the best running partner and cant wait for my next race!!

No comments:
Post a Comment