January 19, 2013

Brothers on bikes and sister on Scooter sometimes dont mix well

*** I will let you know now this post contains blood and may not be for those that cant handle blood!!!!***


Last Friday the kids were out riding bikes and scooters. It finally stopped being so cold and we could enjoy being outside again. I was in the house making dinner and Jarom comes running in the house, "mom Camrie has blood all over her! " I wasn't quiet sure what I was going to find but as I go running I hear cries and Cole is standing there in shock and Camrie is getting up with yes blood all over her face!
I quickly picked her up and got back to the house to clean her up. I was impressed at how calm I stayed. I hurried and took a picture and sent it to Josh just to let him know that it wasn't just a little crash and that I needed his help. I also took a picture so we could remember this! Camrie was so brave. I held the cut shut and tried my best to clean her up. Poor Cole went straight to his bed and cried. I felt bad I couldn't be with him. He actually had a huge goose ache on his head, but I didn't know until a bit later.

I got a call from Josh minutes later with " What did you just send me!!" I let him know what happened and he was on his way home. He thought at first it was a joke. probably shouldn't send your husband or anyone a picture like this in a text! 
We got her cleaned up and she wanted her blanket and to sit on the couch. I was really just waiting for Josh to get home I couldn't do anything since Wesley was sleeping and I had the other kids with me. I tried to get ahold of some friends that are in medical so we didn't have to go to the ER, but they were all busy. 

 They both fell asleep on the couch. I was nervous about having her just hit her head and then letting her sleep but there was no stopping it. She was out. She slept for about 45 mins and then we woke her. We tried to clean it out more and really see the cut. It was pretty bad. I just kept thinking we should take her in. Josh was going to just superglue it. I know you can, but didn't think the glue was the same. Everyone I asked they said with it being a Girl we should do stitches so it doesn't scar. We are talking about the girl though that  has scars already below her lip because she has put her teeth through her lips a ton of times and also the girl that  is the only one in the family out of 4 kids that has broken a bone. I think no matter how hard we try she will have scars!!!
I finally heard back from our old Bishop who is a Dr and we ran her over to look at the cut. Right away he said yeah I would take her in. So at 8pm we were finally on our way to the Hospital. She was a trooper. However so right when I walk into the waiting room, for some weird reason he cut started to bleed and it was dripping down her face. I asked for a tissue and once we got the tissue she dropped her cup and water went all over the floor! It was going to be a long night!!!

They took us back and right away put some medicine on it so it would be ready for stitches when they got us into a room. They also decided to cover it up so the little kids in the pediatric waiting room didn't have to look at this hole in her head. We finally got taken back about 930pm. She wasn't at all tired! I was falling asleep. She watched some TV. acted like a Dr with the mask on her face and bounced around. Finally at 10:15 they came and looked at it and decided yes it needed stitches. She was ready to go at this time. She was tired and hungry and was telling me that she didn't want them to fix it and she wanted to go home! I was so afraid that she would freak out when they started to stitch it up. But luckily she fell asleep in my arms and she was able to rest on the bed for a bit. Dr didn't come back until after 11pm to stitch it up. Camrie would of stayed asleep through it all but they had to wash it out with some cold water and that woke her up. She still did great. She just sat there while the Dr did her work. 
Once it was over she got to go and pick a toy out of a closet. She picked a stuffed bunny. Then minutes later  the nurse came in with another stuffed animal and gave it to her because she was so impressed that she did so well. Camrie was excited. On the way home she was so hungry so we stopped and got some chicken nuggets. I have never seen her eat so many nuggets so fast
By this time its 12:30 am and I am ready for bed. I got her to bed and was finally able to end the night! She ended up with 4 stitches.What a great way to spend your Friday Night!! 

No comments: