December 17, 2012

Cole favorite outfit... dark pants and long sleeve grey shirt

Cole by far is one of my funniest kids when it comes to clothes. I have already noticed it in Camrie, she tells me yes or no on the clothes I pick out for her and she has to have her socks on just right, she has to put them on herself and she always puts the clothes on backyards and inside out. Things that are all pretty normal and the whole telling me yes or no on what she wants to wear coming from a girl I would expect.

But then there is Cole. I don't even really remember how long ago he started to wear the dark pants but even in the summer he would wear then in 115 degree weather. He wore then everywhere. Even on Sunday he would go to church and come right home and put the dark pants back on!!!
Then it became the same thing with the dark long shirt. I told him I didn't care about the pants as much, but the shirt he had to change it and I had to wash it. We tried to show him all his other clothes that he has but he still comes back to this same outfit!!!

So Monday comes around this week and if you remember it rained and there was mud and the whole nine yards with that mess. Cole woke up to get ready for school and he had no dark pants or long sleeve shirt!!! I tried to tell him they were dirty and that he would have to wear something else. He was not having that answer! He sat in his underwear mopping around because he didn't have his clothes. I was not going to give in. I gave him other pants and told him he had to get dressed. He is one grumpy kid if he doesn't get his way and we are working on this, but he sure knows how to help the spirit leave our home super quick. I think another thing that Heavenly Father is paying me back for. I ask my self all the time, why are my kids the way they are and then I look in the mirror!
I put his clothes in the wash and started to clean them but didn't let Cole know. We had 30 before school and he still was walking around in his underwear.
I told him he needed to get dressed and get ready for school. He asked in what? I told him to come here and I handed him a nice warm, clean grey long sleeve shirt and his dark pants! He was one happy kid and the spirit was able to come back!! as you can see from the picture he was finally complete again and happy.

I really don't know why he likes the dark pants and this shirt, but he wears it all the time. Ask his preschool teacher, she probably thinks he has no clothes other than these!
It scares me to think about what he is going to be like when the teenage years come around! He has his own style and I love him for it.

No comments: