November 30, 2012

Life with twins

Today I had the chance to help a friend out and watch her two kids. She has a two year old and a 9 month old. I got a very good look at what it would have been to have twins. I am sooo grateful that Heavenly Father was kind enough to me to only give me one child at a time. At one point I was holding bother babies on my hips and I turned to Josh and said, " this is what our lives could have been like!" And of course his reply was, " oh its not that bad, we could of handled it!"
I was so tired come 5 pm tonight! The kids were amazing too. They weren't even hard to take care of, it was just having two babies that wanted to be held at the same time. Having two little ones that you always have to be watching and then having the others running around and making messes and fighting. I don't know how parents do it having twins and my appreciation for them is so much stronger after today.
I am also grateful for other moms who are in tune to the spirit even when they don't even know they are. As I was sitting on the couch trying to figure out what I was going to make my family dinner, I got a text from a friend that asked, Does Cole and Jarom want to come over tonight to play? They were so excited and I was so relieved because I was able to send them on their way and not have to worry about feeding the family. Josh and Camrie ate hot dogs and I made a fruit smoothie and we called it a night.
I am excited to start the month of December and all the fun it brings with Christmas. What a better way then to have our ward Christmas party and be in the ward play as none other than the famous Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus! Hopefully Wesley doesn't make too much noise! He is one noisy baby!

No comments: