February 3, 2011

The wait is over....

So after hearing it from my sister, I have decided to finally update my blog. I dont know what happened, I was doing so good at keeping this updated.
I think what happened was I have been working on a book for our family about our dad and then I spent a ton of time on my blog trying to get it ready to print before the end of the year and so I think I had just had enough of the whole blog thing.

But good news, the family book is done and I LOVE IT, my blog from the past 3 years in printed and in a book and I LOVE IT, we got through the holidays and all the wedding stuff and WE LOVED IT, the new year is here and we are doing great and I LOVE IT.

Where to even begin. Maybe I will start from most recent and go backwards. Or maybe just start with most recent and move forward.

The most exciting thing that has happened is this......
On Wednesday I got to Jarom's preschool to pick him up and he is standing next to his teacher and she is holding his hand. Right then I knew something wasnt good. She walks him up to the car and says " we had a little crisis today". And of course Jarom is so my DRAMA QUEEN and is playing it for all its worth, but we both the teacher and I both just look at each other and smile..... 
He cut HIMSELF with a pair of scissors. The funny thing is they weren't even using scissors that day. He was just messing with them and cut his lip. Poor kid, his teacher said that it just kept bleeding and bleeding, but that he would be fine and then think about it and his eyes would swell up and he would start to cry again.It is already healed and almost gone but this kid.
Even more funny is his teacher said to me, " I was just looking at him today thinking WOW Jarom doesnt have a cut or scratch on his face". I guess we have all just learned that this kid is so accident pron that he will always have some sort of cut or scratch or something wrong with him.

The next thing is our family took our first ever family hike up squaw peak...

 
We had so much fun. The boys did AMAZING. Made it farther up the mountain than I ever thought. My favorite was Cole. He did not want any help. You tried to help him and he would just yell...."wet gooooooooo" I love how independent he is. He was making Josh so nervous. He wouldnt just walk up the trail, he had to step on every big rock and had to go his owe way, couldnt just follow us.
Jarom also had to do it all him self and after every turn in the trail he would say " I think we are almost to the top" We made it just a little bit short of half way. Jarom wanted to go more but we kept telling him that we still had to get back down the mountain. It was a good thing we turned when we did because he was tired coming down. Amazing how quickly the comments turned from lets keep going to when we came back down the mountain, it was "Im tired, are we done yet".
Coming down with Cole was even more fun. He really didnt want to hold your hand or have you help him, Josh kept trying and trying and finally Cole fell and that was the end of it he wanted to be carried the rest of the way down. Josh was glad and said he secretly was hoping he would fall so he could carry him.
Camrie was amazing, she just took it all in being carried up and then fell asleep coming down and slept until the end.
We had so much fun that me and a friend went again on tuesday. We made it even higher and had a blast. I think I might have to go more often, it takes some time since we dont go very fast, but a good workout considering I have 20 extra pounds to carry and also two boys to watch out for and help.

The next thing is BIG....


OK so not that big, but SUPER CUTE!!!! I was able to put Camrie's hair into a pony tail. She is getting to be  so big. This week she is full on crawling and she has even started to pull herself up on the couch and stand. I love this girl. I love my boys, but man do I love this girl. Its not even because she is a good baby, really she is such a girl and needy and kind of winny, but there are so many times when I just hold her and am so grateful she is mine.
Many times I sit and hold her and cry because it makes me so sad that my dad doesnt get the chance to hold and play with her as well. He would have loved her.... OK sorry I am not going to make this first post back an sad one... sorry

The next big thing that has changed, is I was called into YOUNG WOMENS! I was so excited to get the calling. I am the Laurel/ Mia Maid Advisor. I have to say that I loved my young womens leaders and I still to this day keep in touch with many of them. But this past month or so I have gone to love them even more. Being in Young Womens isnt easy. That age is a hard thing to work with. My leaders made it seem so easy and fun. Dont get me wrong its fun but it just takes a lot of effort and dedication and love and I am going to grow so much from being in this calling.

Well I will post some more tomorrow

3 comments:

Diana said...

Great post! I need to do the same...one of these days!
Adalyn saw the picture of Jarom while I was reading and couldn't stop looking. She asked what happened and just sat there looking at him with her mouth wide open. I told her to never play with scissors! lol

The Comin Family said...

When we get there we totally want to do squaw peak with you! Sounds like a ton of fun!

Unknown said...

I'm slow at posting on the blog, and even slower at reading others!!! Gotta say, your family is SOOOO cute. And I'm always so jealous of something. This time it's Camrie's hair!! Hadley is still totally bald! It's fun having a girl, eh? I'm loving seeing the difference from the boys....Hadley LOVES babies. Got her a doll and she just bubbles when I give it to her. So much fun!!!