September 1, 2010

Camrie's first bike ride

The other day Jarom and Cole wanted to go out side to ride bikes. Jarom comes in and asked if we could go to the canal and go for a bike ride. I wasn't sure if Camrie was old enough to sit up by herself in the bike trailer, but I told Jarom I would give it a try. I put a blanket under Camrie and she did just fine. Cole was so excited to have Camrie sitting right next to him. Jarom was excited because he wanted to go for the bike ride. I got camrie and Cole strapped in and we were off.

 I kept looking back to make sure that Camrie's head was up and that she could breathe. I was afraid her head would fall forward and make her not be able to breathe. She did great. She actually really liked it and it put her to sleep. 
As we were going along it started to sprinkle. It didn't look like it was going to rain and so we kept going. Jarom wanted to play at the park that is along the canal. As we kept going it started to rain even harder. But at this point it was better to keep going to the park and sit under the covered tables than to turn back. I looked back and Camrie and Cole were getting so wet. Camrie was a bit startled at first not knowing what was hitting her in the face, but it didn't seem to bother her too much because she just kept on sleeping. 
We finally made it to the covered tables. I let the boys play in the rain and I feed Camrie while we waited. It just kept raining harder and harder. It didn't seem like it was going to get better any time soon. After about 30 mins I finally decided we needed to head home. I thought that the worst had pasted. I was wrong. As we started back for the house, it started to rain again and just as hard. 
We were all soaked by this time. Jarom doesn't stay very focused as we ride and he gets tired and so we were having to go pretty slow. I looked back to make sure  Camrie and Cole were ok and she had mud all over her face from my tire shooting it back and up on her. She was still amazing though, she just kept on sleeping like nothing was even going on. Camrie is ONE AMAZING BABY!!!
We got to one point in the trail and it was flooded with water, Jarom had to get off him bike and run across. It was all the way up to the ankles. Poor kid. 
When we finally got home Camrie's poor hands and feet were so cold. You can't really tell but they are soaked and they have mud all over their faces. Such a bad mom!!! Sure wish I would of known it was suppose to rain, sure didn't look like it when we took off. I guess the next time cant get any worse, we will have to try it again.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What an adventure! :) What kind of bike trailer do you guys have? Do you like it? Matt and I are planning on getting one.

Anyway, it was great to play the other day with you guys and yesterday morning Lily said in our morning prayer "please bless us that we can go to Jarom's again soon" So apparently she had a good time, despite the going home melt down! :)

We'll have to plan something else soon!