September 3, 2009

What happens when my Husband goes out of town

Josh had to go out of town for work this week. He is gone until Friday.Back in July I was give a ton of quilting fabric from a lady in my ward. Her mom is 91 and was cleaning out her quilting supplies and I was lucky enough to get a ton of fabric. Not only was I given a ton of fabric scraps, but there were a ton of squares already put together, just waiting for a place on a quilt.
Last week while Jarom was at preschool I was able to go and get even more fabric from this lady in my ward. This time it was bulk fabric and not just scraps. I have been in heaven getting all this fabric. I have so much to do now though.
So back to Josh going out of town. I don't know what it is but when he isn't home, I have the hardest time turning out the lights and going to bed. I don't like the feeling. I am never scared, I just don't ever want to go to bed. So because of this about 9pm after the boys had been in bed for a while and I had worked out a bit, I decided I would work on sewing a bit of the quilt I had worked on last week.
sewing just a bit turned into this......

I just couldn't stop. I just kept sewing. It was driving me crazy the thread I was using was older and kept breaking. It was Heavenly Fathers way of saying.... GO TO BED!!!!
Well I kind of ignored it because I still kept going..... and going....
3:30am I finally called it quits. Mostly because I had nothing else to sew.
I think the quilt turned out pretty good. Not only does it take me back to my younger years when I was addicted to everything purple, but I just like how it turned out.
Now I just need to find something really soft for the back and it will be a great baby blanket for a girl..... Once again me making things that are for GIRLS....
I will say though, there is something about sewing that I LOVE!!!! I am so glad I know how to sew and am getting better because if I could I would sit and sew all day.

1 comment:

Charitons said...

Jess this quilt looks awesome! You have all these hidden talents I had no idea about! Wish I could come over and sew with you.