March 10, 2009

A first for me... STRAWBERRY JAM!!!

So last night I made strawberry jam for the first time. If I knew it was that easy I would have done it a long time ago. My sister in law Amy has always made it and I love it, but I didn't think I could ever do something like that. Well I guess I can. It was SOOOOOO good. I am excited to try it with other fruit. I am also going to attempt to make Orange marmalade. My mom always made it when I was younger. I have to be honest I don't really love it, but I have been given so many lemons and oranges and I need to do something with them. I guess it makes for some good gifts.

4 comments:

It's Miller Time said...

Mmmmm, my favorite!

Claire said...

Hey Jessica, this is Claire, from the ward. I saw your link on Diana's blog and wanted to say hi! Isn't homemade strawberry jam the best!? I made peach last year which is really yummy too, though I couldn't get it to set right. I'd love to hear how your marmalade making goes. I love marmalade, but haven't ever tried making it.

amy said...

YUM!!! I can't wait to try it!:)
I'm soooooo excited to come out there! Why do I have to wait a whole month more???

rindy said...

so is it ok that i comment here so that i don't have to take on the 5 present responsibility??? i know i am lame. :-) haha. i had NO IDEA that you have nad internet for like a month now! i have had a lot of catching up to do! such darling pictures of your boys! and your house looks awesome! especially with all the upgrades you guys have done. i am so jealous! can't wait to come see it next time we are home. looks like you are having so much fun!
p.s- about your post that jarom is being tricky about naptime... i am having the exact same issues with Hallie. i had to laugh. i do the same thing. just make her stay in there and read books and sometimes she will end up falling asleep and sometimes not. but i'm SO NOT ready for her to give up a naptime. are they even old enough to start going all day without a nap???? my kids are going to nap until they are old enough to move out.... :-)