July 25, 2008

Things that make it a GREAT day...

I am sitting here thinking about what a great day it is and thought I would share the few things that are making today such a GREAT day for me.
1. I got up and went running and worked out before the boys woke up.
2. I got to take a shower before 8am and was dressed and ready before the boys woke up.
3. I got to have some one on one time with Cole this morning and he was so happy and smiley.
4. When Jarom woke up I went to get him and he was so excited to see me and right away said " HI MOMMY!!" and gave me a hug.
5. My house is clean
6. The laundry is done... thanks to Jarom's help :)
7. I was able to get Cole to have a messy diaper.... ( will explain later)
8. Jarom is still doing well at the whole going potty thing
9. Both boys are down for their naps and I am having some ME time.
10. its a gorgeous day outside

As I look at this list, it almost makes me laugh at the things that get me excited. I was writing in my journal and also writing about the life of a MOM. What a job we have and the things we do!!!
Its a good thing I love being a mom, because the title of MOM brings on some pretty crazy things.
Poor Cole is having the hardest time with having a messy diaper. The Dr doesn't seem too worried about it, but after a few days we have to help him mess his diaper. Its not fun, but if we don't he gets so uncomfortable. Poor guy... however poor me also, its not the funnest job.
Its a good thing I LOVE being a mom. Jarom and Cole make life so AMAZING.
I am so blessed to have the boys I have and the life I have. I could be really stressed out these days because we are suppose to be in PHX in the next 5 weeks. We still have to sell the condo and still have to find a place to live in PHX. It doesn't seem possible, however I just have to stay calm and know it will all work out. I also just have to remember days like today and remember how it feels when the little things in life seem to make such a HUGE difference.

3 comments:

Sarah and Mike said...

Jess,
I know this sounds wierd-but dip his binkie in dark Karo syrup. That's what we did for Chanch and every time twenty minutes later their would be a messy diaper. (I recommend waiting to do it til right before Josh gets home.) love you guys

kiki comin said...

i know we have never met, but are still family! your boys are so dang cute! and i so understand that list...it LOOKS like it was a successful day..anytime you can get exercise and a shower in BEFORE your kids wake up make it a great day!:)

heather ann said...

Happy Birthday Today Jessica!! Hope you have a great day!!!