February 25, 2008

A little scare for Josh and I

So last Sunday we were in our office getting things ironed and ready for church. Josh was on the computer and Jarom was playing on the floor. It all seemed to happen so fast, Josh was looking at something on the desk chair and of course Jarom has to be right there seeing what is going on. Josh turned his head and Jarom stuck his little hand under the chair and got his little finger stuck under all of Josh's weight and the chair. It took him a sec to make any noise, but when he did, we had no clue what he was crying about. Josh felt so bad. I ran to get a rag and mortin so the pain wouldn't be too bad. It was cut really bad. It cut his finger right next to his thumb and right at the point where the finger meets the palm.We held the rag on it and iced it, but it still swelled up and looked bad. Being the wimp that I am, I was almost passed out on the bathroom floor because I couldn't stand looking at the cut. Josh got a little frustrated, but I prayed really hard I could be strong. I made it!!! We finally later that day decided we needed to take him into the InstaCare to make sure he didn't cause any damage. They looked at it and said that because of where it was cut they wouldn't be able to stitch it up but that they would like to get him an prescription so it didn't get infected. We decided not to do that, but kept Melaleuca on it and kept it wrapped up and cleaned. I am so amazed that with it just being a week later that it is almost all closed up and healed. The center still needs to close, that is where it was cut the deepest, but we are so lucky nothing more happened. I guess I better get use to the cuts and blood with having two boys here soon.

No comments: