Of course right after I write my post about being able to finally love Wesley and we are getting into a better phase with him, this event today has to happen. The past few days he has been very grumpy and throwing himself on the ground and hitting his head. Or he just gets mad and will throw things, and even better as we were coming in from the garage the mean mom that I am, told him NO and he started to take cans out of the pantry and throw them to the ground.
No I dont allow for him to get away with this. He usually will get spanked and then taken to his bed. However many times it doesnt matter what I do he still yells and screams and is mad until he thinks he has done enough.
So last night I was afraid that maybe why he has been so awful is because he has an ear infection because he has had the runny nose and cough. I already had a well check for his 18 month appointment this morning and so I was ready for the Dr to tell me that he had an ear infection and that would explain the way he was acting.
We were the only ones in the office this morning, ( good thing too) We were in the waiting room and both He and Camrie were playing with cars and being so good. They called our name and we started down the hall. We got to the scale and the nurse turned to wesley and said " Ok you big boy we are going to weigh you like a big boy today". He took one look at her and threw himself to the ground and started to scream and yell. I tried to pick him up and he got louder! The nurse then tried to see if he wanted to go and get a sucker and then we would get his weight, still even louder. I try to get him to calm down and he isnt having it. We wrestle him to get his shoes off and put him on the baby scale and finally get his weight.
I pick him up and we then try to get his clothes off and try to measure him height. Still he is fighting and screaming. Me, I am trying not to cry because I have never had a child act like this. He wouldnt even go to me and let me calm him down. He did not want to be there or do those things and he was sure letting us know.
Good thing I have such a good Dr. Dr Vargas just talked me through it and let me know I am not a bad mom. Its not what I am doing. He told me it will get better but it wont go away. This is Wesley's personality and we will have to learn to work through it together and try not to go to his level when he gets mad. We had to wrestle him again when it came time to check his ears. I was for sure he was going to say an ear infection. " Looks all good" the Dr said! I was glad and sad all in the same moment! Great so I just have a devil child!!!! I was hoping I could get some drugs to help take it away quicker!!!
And of course we ended the visit with shots! once again I pretty much had to lay on him to keep him still. We got the shots and the nurse hurried to put the band aid on him and right away instead of letting me hug him an comfort him he pushed me away and the first thing he did was take the band aid off. He wanted nothing to do with those.
I got him out of the office as fast as I could and got him home. I have decided I cant take this kid anywhere. NO matter what I do he will throw a fit and its much harder to get mad at them in public. Not that I beat my kids, but I sure dont let them get away with it.
But of course, after about 30 minutes of being home, he was playing and being pretty good. Things went quiet and I went to go and look for him. Nothing ever is good when a house goes quiet with little ones. I checked the boys room, the play room and then I checked his room. When I walk in he has climbed into his bed and he was laying down! What 18 month old puts themselves down for a nap. I asked if he wanted to take a nap and he said yes and laid back down. He slept for a good 2 hrs. Probably a good thing. He knew I needed a break from him.
Never have I had a harder kid than him. I dont want him to be my last, but the rate we are going, there are no more after him. I really have hit my limit and a family of 4 is perfect. I havent even hit the terrible twos with him! I am really in trouble!
Good thing each day is a new day and we start fresh every day. Its 8:30 and I am off to bed. Its been a long day

No comments:
Post a Comment