This week we had a bit of a change come to our family. Tuesday night our stake president called my phone and asked for Josh. He is in our ward and a good friend of ours and so when I passed the phone to Josh I didn't think anything of it. Until Josh got off the phone and was like " what the heck is going on". The stake president wanted to come over Wednesday night to meet with Josh and I. Josh didn't know if it was for me or him, but Josh stressed about him coming over. I was pretty calm because really if I was getting a stake calling I was ok with it. Josh was just called about a year ago to be the Executive Secretary for our ward and so I didn't really think they would take him from that calling so soon. So really I thought it would be for me.
That night one of his counselors showed up and as we were talking he asked if we knew why he was there. We told him no, and he went on with well, we have a priesthood calling.... I was off the hook and we were so excited to see what they had in store for Josh.
" We want to call you to the HIGH COUNCIL!!!!
Are you kidding?, Josh is only 28, and the high council already. Josh is really excited. He will miss the bishopric that he got to serve with, but is excited for what this calling will bring. He is the high council member over the young women and seminary.
They announced it on Sunday, but will set him apart and ordain him a high priest next week.
I am so proud of Josh. He is one amazing person, husband and dad. We are so lucky to have him apart of our lives. I am so grateful for his example. He will do a great job.
So these pictures have nothing to do with the post, but were taken yesterday before church. Aren't my children adorable!!!
6 comments:
Hey go Josh! That is pretty awesome and he will do a great job. Camrie is a doll!!! What a beautiful family
love your family! you are all awesome! and i love that big brother grin on jarom!
Yes they are ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to see you!! And congrats to Josh. That is awesome!
Wow. That is awesome! And your kids are sooooo beautiful! I love Sunday photo shoots :)
Does not surprise me at all... good luck!
Seeing those pictures of your cute kids just adds to my excitement for the reunion! Good thing they are all so sweet and you have taught them well since with Josh's new calling you'll be on the bench with just the kids at church. I know he is an amazing guy but it takes a good woman behind him to be able to do that kind of thing too!
Post a Comment