June 13, 2010

CAMRIE JO LEWIS

We welcomed our sweet baby girl into this world
Tuesday June 8, 2010 at 5:13am
6 lbs 2 oz 19.5 long
We are so excited to have Camrie in our home and apart of our family. She is an amazing baby. All she does is Eat and Sleep. She hasn't really cried... other than when Cole tries to pinch her fingers off or something like that, but she is so fun to hold and be around and I could sit and watch her sleep for hours.
JUST BORN....first time with mom and dadholding my baby GIRL for the first time
getting all cleaned up and measured                                               Just hanging out with mom in the hospital on her first night.
this is one proud BIG BROTHER!!! I love his smile. He loves his sister and is always wanting to hold her and help me with her. He doesn't quiet understand why he cant feed her and change her diaper and get her dressed ALL BY HIMSELF... but he is a great helper.
Two very proud and happy BIG BROTHERS!! 
Finally home from the Hospital, this car seat is huge!!!
Now for the birth story....
So after getting through the weekend with not having a baby which I was for sure was going to happen, I was ready to get things going. Monday I took the boys swimming and swam some laps, did some sit ups, and other exercises to try and see if I could bring on some contractions..... NOTHING!
I was even ready to go for a run that night if things didn't start picking up. I got the car seat out of the attic and got it all washed and ready for when the day would come. As I was getting it out and washed I just didn't like the cover and thought, I am going to make one that is a bit more girlie. So out me and the boys went to pick out some cute girl fabric for a car seat cover. Came home and started to make a pattern for the new cover.
Talked to my mom a few times and told her that things weren't happening and so she decided to change her arrival date back from Tuesday to Friday just in case the baby didn't come for another week just to be safe.
That afternoon, I started to have contractions but nothing too new since they had been coming off and on for the past 2 weeks now. I wasn't getting my hopes up but started to write down when they were coming just to see. From about 3-7 pm I was having 1 good strong contraction an hour. I was happy but still didn't think anything of it. Put the boys to bed and just hung out with Josh for a bit before I decided to listen to my I-pod with my Hypnobirthing relaxation scripts and then went to bed. As I laid in bed I started to watch the clock and I was having a contraction about every six mins. They weren't hard at all but they were coming. Again didn't want to get my hopes up but was REALLY hoping that tonight was the night.
I couldn't sleep and so I went into our guest room and started to work on more of the car seat cover. I had the car seat all taken apart so I could copy the old cover to make a new one and sat there from 10pm to 12 midnight cutting out the new car seat cover.
This whole time I am having contractions and they are still coming about every 4-6 mins. They did get to a point where I did have to stop and breath them out but still nothing too bad. However, now about this time, I am pretty sure that I was in labor and so I stopped and put the car seat back together just so it was ready for Josh when he needed it.
Jarom woke up around midnight with his sore throat and I gave him his medicine and sent him back to bed. This time I too put all the sewing things away and really started to listen to my hypnobirthing. The contractions were coming every 3-5 minutes and I was really having a breathe a few of them out. I was able to be pretty relaxed from 12- 2 am but once 2 am hit and they were every 2 minutes and lasting anywhere from 30-60 secs, It was getting harder and  I knew it was getting closer.
That night Josh and I had been talking and he said "just wait until 6am so I can get a good night sleep". I tried I really tried! As I was laying in bed and the minutes took forever and it felt like hours to get from 2 to 3 am. I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I walked in and got Josh up at 3 am and told him it was time to go. He said he hadn't slept very well because he knew that tonight was the night.
I sent a text to my neighbors saying it was time... they came right over. Josh and I left for the hospital and got all checked in and up to the delivery room by about 3:45am. I was at a 7 and was so ready to have the baby. Now the contractions are super strong.  I knew that all that needed to happen was have the Dr come in and break my water and I would be done. I asked Josh to get the Dr. My Dr wasn't there and so we would have the Dr on call. I still don't understand why you go to a Dr for the whole pregnancy and then some random person delivers the baby, but oh well.
They tried to get the Dr but she was with some sick person on a different floor, so I just had to sit and wait. I knew that my water wasn't going to break, it never has, I was getting so tired now and trying so hard to stay calm. I finally was getting really upset because I could tell the baby was right there, but couldn't do anything without the Dr. I told the nurse to check me just so she knew that I was ready. When she checked me all she felt was the water, she got a bit nervous I think because she kept saying I don't want to catch this baby.
Finally the Dr walked in, I told her all I need is for you to break my water I am ready. She got dressed, sat down at 5:09 am broke my water, and at 5:13 Camrie was here.
I think for the most past I stayed really calm, I only yelled once and it was to the Dr. She was trying to help the head out too early and I yelled, DON'T DO THAT!!! Josh said that was his favorite part.
I am so grateful I am able to go natural and that Camrie and I are both healthy and doing great. I am feeling so good. The first two days I thought that the after labor craps were going to kill me, but they have stopped and my milk is in and I am not as sore.
Its always amazing to me how you get to a point where you think to yourself, I am not doing this again, but within seconds the pressure is gone the baby is here and you totally forget about the pain.
I am so grateful to be a mom and am so happy to have a little girl. I can already feel the sweet spirit she has brought to our home and knew all along that she has a special place in this family and is such a blessing to me and Josh.
I am also so grateful to have my mom here with me to help with the boys. They love her to death and it's nice to have someone here to give them the attention they need for this first little bit.
A mom of three and a family of five, wow where has the time gone. It seems just like yesterday that Josh and I were getting married.

I LOVE IT, LIFE COULDN'T BE BETTER

more pictures of Camrie.

9 comments:

It's Miller Time said...

So glad she made it here! Three is awesome and so are little girls! What an amazing mommy you are!

John + Bethany said...

Congrats Jessica! She is beautiful!

Greg and Tammy said...

YEAH!!! CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful and sounds like a great baby. Hope all continues to go well.

Charitons said...

Jess I LOVED seeing pictures of Camrie with her big brothers. And you are so awesome. I am in awe of your toughness seriously. Can't wait to see you all in person in just a few weeks. Love you.

The Jacobson Family said...

What a cutie! Glad she is here and you are doing well!

Diana said...

Congratulations!!!!!
Awesome birth story! Cute pictures! Glad it all went so well except for having to yell at the dr. lol That was nice of you to entertain Josh!
I have a couple of the head supports for the carseat. I will add them to your bag!

Sarah and Mike said...

Congratulations!! She is so cute! I'm glad that she is healthy and doing well. If it's anything like my house delivery will be the cake part and surviving the two year old big brother will be the challenge. Glad you guys are okay.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing your story, it was great to read! So happy for your little family! Congrats!