so to sum it all up....
We started it off with the boys and their new Christmas outfits for Sunday....
Then we worked hard on getting our homemade gifts ready for Christmas day. I wish I had a picture of what Josh made for Gabe they are cool. He made some brain teasers.
and then I made Avah some wall hangingsI even got crafty and made my mom this wall hanging as well.
We also were able to enjoy the 12 days of Christmas that my parents did for us. We had so much fun getting a gift each night. I think us as kids decided that they need to keep that a tradition for the years to come
here is Jarom enjoying the hot chocolate from one of the nights. Gabe and Avah got into town Christmas Eve, we had a great dinner with everyone and then enjoyed the tradition of the Lewis Talent Show. I tried to get the boys and Josh to do a kazoo song. It went pretty good... except for my glasses kept coming off and we lost the order of the song and no one knew the words. I guess if we were going for funny and crazy we sure did that. Jarom liked blowing the kazoo and Cole liked wearing the glasses at least.
Chloe and Whitney sang What Child is This with Josh playing the piano. It was very pretty. Then the dance team of Gavin, Whitney, Chloe and Hayden came back for the second year in a row and put on a great performance. Then to end the night, Cole, Jarom and Hayden did their own kind of dancing. I have to say Jarom gets into it pretty good.
Then you cant have Christmas eve without a new pair of pajamas. I didn't think I was going to start this tradition, but they look so cute how could I not!!!
Then it was Christmas Morning. I will be honest I was very nervous for the morning to come. As I was getting everything ready and laid out I had Josh open a few things that were from SANTA. Jarom really wanted a blue robot for Christmas. A few months back I found one at target and it was only $10. I was like SCORE. I got it and didn't think twice about it. Until we opened it and Josh thought it was LAME. I have to admit it wasn't the coolest thing, but what did I expect for $10.
So the whole night I kept thinking great is Jarom going to like it or think it is lame as well???
Jarom made it all worth it when he comes around the corner in the morning and says to me, MOM did Santa come? I said I don't know did he? He looks over to the tree and there is his robot. He runs over and was so excited. The whole morning he just kept saying this is the best robot ever.
I guess that goes to show that we have no clue the imagination of a three year old and even if it was $10, he loved it.
Jarom made my Christmas this year. He was so excited for Santa to come. He saw Santa at our ward Christmas party and was really nervous to go and see him, but after he did he was excited. I tried to see if he wanted to go and see the Santa at the mall one day and he said NO I already talked to Santa.
Then even better on Christmas eve when we were going home there was a helicopter out with its lights on and they were red and green. We showed Jarom and asked if he could see Santa's sleigh. He was so cute, "hurry dad drive fast Santa is coming and we don't want to miss him!!! OH TO BE 3 AGAIN.
Then there was Cole. I don't think he had a clue about what was going on, but he sure loved being able to go and get the candy canes out of the advent calendar, rip the presents open, look at all the ornaments on the tree, and get all the new toys. He sure is a ball of fire and you never know what he is going to do next but we sure love this kid.
Josh and I really enjoy being able to have that time on Christmas morning when its just our little family.
We then headed over to the rest of the family about 10:30. There again we were given a few more presents and got to see what everyone got. My favorite part about Christmas with Josh's family are the homemade gifts. Each year it gets harder and harder to think of something to make but then each year it gets better and better with what is made. I think all the gifts were great, but if I was honest I have to say that my gift that Emry made for me was the best. Gabe and Avah were even willing to pay me for it. She made me a mosaic picture of the Mesa Temple. Thanks mom your the best
Then some more traditions that we have started is to make gingerbread houses. Emry is so good. She even makes all the houses herself and has then all ready for us.
this is just a sample of one of them.
The rest of the week was filled with a trip to the temple to see the lights
Family Pictures
aren't we all so CUTE!!!
And the two that made this week possible!!!!. thanks mom and dad for taking the time to give us these memories and fun times. Josh and I are so excited for the new year and hope it has great things in store for us and our little family.





1 comment:
I am totally stealing your idea! That board with the Grandma's score is so adorable!!! I have got to give that to Russ's mom for her birthday.
Post a Comment