So for those that know my husband, he LOVES cookies. Poor guy, I grew up not really having homemade cookies, so I am not the best at making cookies. I will say after 5 years I am getting better. Just this past 2 weeks, I have made two different kinds of cookies. These I just made yesterday. I cant take the credit though. I really am not a good baker and so I know its a good recipe because they are SOOOO GOOD!!! I just thought I would share the recipe if any of you are in a snickerdoodle mood.
Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions
1Preheat oven to 350°F.
2Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
3Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
4Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
5Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
6Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
7Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
8Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
9Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
10Remove from pan immediately.
ENJOY
3 comments:
I love snickerdoodles, I'm so excited to try it!
ok, so it's been a LONG time since i have been blogging. i can't believe everything you have been doing! since when are you crafting and sewing? are you kidding me? and running a 15K? i am SO JEALOUS!!!! you are awesome woman! wow! seriously, you inspire me to be better.... :-)
Yum, thanks. Can't wait to try. By the way we missed you on Sunday.
Post a Comment