May 4, 2009

I really need to STOP, But I am having way too much FUN

I finished the other skirts this morning. They were so simple!!
So all you out there that have girls (or if you are like me and just want to make a skirt for the heck of it) You should give this one a try.
I got my bandannas and fabric napkins at Walmart. The bandannas were $1 each. I was able to pick up the napkins for $2 for 2. Makes for a super cheap skirt. I think that is one of the other reasons why I like them so much.
So here are the bandanna skirts. I was reading online about theses, and it can actually be three different things, it can be a dress for a toddler, a skirt for a young girl or a shirt for when she get older. Talk about getting good use out of a few dollars.




here are the ones made out of the napkins. I kind of like them more because the fabric is thicker, and its a really cute pattern.






So the total damage to make all 4 of these skirts was less then $10. NOT BAD!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

i really really like 'em! another one to add the the pile of things i want to make...

It's Miller Time said...

These are so cute. Could you send me the instructions? I'd love to make some cute matching ones for my girls! mothermilli@gmail.com

amy said...

You are gooooood! And those skirts are darling! Way to go jess!

The Comin Family said...

Jess- I am way impressed! Those skirts are totally cute! You are inspiring me to start sewing clothes for my little one! And thanks for the birthday party advice. It's true the time goes by so slowly. Anyway, impressed again! Way to go!

Charitons said...

I sure wish we lived closer too. I love keeping updated on your projects-- you talented lady! I am way impressed. Hope you have a wonderful mother's day. Too bad they can't take Cole too camping and you get the whole weekend off = )