April 28, 2009

Me trying to be creative again....

So I was looking at craft blogs again yesterday and came across this shirt dress. I thought it was so cute. Too bad I don't have any girls to make it for.Then I thought well my niece Jenna is having a birthday in a few days, I could make one for her. So last night after the boys went to bed I got one of Josh's old shirts out of the closet and went to work. It sure isn't perfect, but it at least looks like a dress. I will have to get better.
I think the pattern and idea for this dress is so cute. Hopefully when I have a girl I will have this down to a T.
I have to admit, Jarom is my Model and I am hoping that a girl wearing this will make it look even better. I got the dress all finished and fixed with the hem and everything and tried to have him put it back on and he wouldn't have it. I guess that's a girl thing. If Josh was home he wouldn't of allowed it.

5 comments:

Kim said...

ok, i totally have this same dress on my "to make" list. great job! it seems like a pretty easy dress- how was it? when you have a girl, you will have so much fun making stuff. it seems like all the fun crafty things are for girls anyway. i'm struggling to find boy things. but have you seen those knee pad pants? the same lady who did this dress makes them for her little boy. those are on the list too.

Katrina Rasband said...

nice job jessica!

Diana said...

Jarom does look cute, even though you protected his face from being identified! Mallory looked adorable in it!!! Very cute! Maybe I will have to have you teach a class on making them for Enrichment or something. ???

The Comin Family said...

I love that dress! Way to go! And I love that Jarom was willing to model it for you! Super cute! He's going to look at those pics when he grows up and be ticked! haha!

Rachel said...

That is a super cute idea. That is so funny that Jarom is modeling. He probably won't like those pictures when he's older, it's a good thing you didn't get his face.