April 25, 2009

A BIG THANK YOU!!!!

So I have always had it in the back of my mind that I would run a half marathon or a longer race. I have wanted to do this for YEARS. I have to give a huge THANK YOU to KATIE FORSBERG.
When Josh and I moved to PHX the first week at our new ward she walked up to me and introduced herself and was so friendly. The next Sunday in the hall she invited the family over for dinner. From the beginning she has always been so nice. That same night she invited me to come over 3 times a week to work out with her and some girls from the ward. Its been the best thing for me. Even better, she is a runner and has inspired me. She has run a ton of races, but because of her I am going to FINALLY complete a LONG AWAITED goal of mine.
Last Saturday I ran 7 miles with her. I thought I was going to die. I think the only thing that kept me going was that she had already run 2.5 miles before I met up with her and she had another 2.5 miles to go after I left her. SHE IS AMAZING!!!!
But I was proud of myself today. She couldn't go running this morning and so I decided I would run without her. When I started I told myself just run the 5 miles, that is good enough. But I pushed myself and ran the full 7 miles again. I was also able to keep the same pace as I did when I was running with her. I didn't think I would be able to.
So Thanks Katie for pushing me and helping me FINALLY run a race that I have always wanted to. We plan to run a 15k run in Flagstaff this summer. Maybe if I survive that then I will be able to do a Half Marathon.

6 comments:

russandkatie said...

Yeah!!! I am SO impressed! and so excited for a great running partner!!!

russandkatie said...

oh and you will survive the 15K easy!

Rachel said...

That is pretty impressive. The farthest I can run is about 3 miles and then my joints start to fail me. I'm sure you'll be awesome at your 15K.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I saw your blog actually through Katie's...so I had to comment on this post because I also feel the same. NOT about the running, but about Katie-she is AMAZING!! Everyone who knows her is blessed to...maybe not for the same reasons...but still blessed!

GREAT job on the running...you are better than I!!!

Chariton Family Blog-CDA said...

That's my GIRL...way to go Jess

Kim said...

yay! you are awesome! i so wish i had someone like that to push me along. but i'm going to do a marathon one day, maybe i'll be 60 and have to walk it, but i'll do it...