July 10, 2008

Potty Training Success!!!!!

So I just have to report out that Jarom is finally getting potty trained. We have had the potty chair for almost a year because I though back then he was ready and had an interest in it. I was wrong. But a few things made me really want to get the whole diaper thing over with him....
1. He is almost 2 1/2 and its just that time
2. I hate having to change diapers all day long
3. He knows how to load a diaper really well and can clear a room in seconds.
4. we were down to the last diapers from the big box from Costco and I don't want to buy any more

These are just a few reason, I could keep going, but I wont. So Monday night I got on the Internet and read up on a few things and Tuesday morning Potty Training Boot Camp started.

He woke up and before he could have a drink I made him try and go. He didn't but then the rest of the morning he ran around with nothing on. I set the timer for an hour to have him go again.... we didn't make it, he had an accident within 45 minutes. So I cleaned the mess and set the timer for 40 minutes. this time I think we made it.
However he wants to go outside and play and so I get him dressed and within 5 minutes of being dressed and probably 15 from going the last time, he has another accident. I couldn't believe it. So I clean up another mess and this time set the timer for 25 minutes.
I have found the magic number... 25. My poor oven timer has been going off every 25 minutes for the past 2 days!!! But we are finally getting the hang of things.
The first day we only had 3 accidents and ran around with no clothes on. The second day we advanced to just his underwear and only had one accident and luckily it was outside. But he went potty about 11 times on the toilet. The third day, today I had to go into work and run errands and so I was really nervous that we might have a set back from the last two days, but to my surprise, he stayed dry all day and no accidents. He was really good at going potty at all the stops that we made and he gets so excited to go.His favorite thing to do it flush the toilet and when he flushes it he yells really loud " BYE".
I am so proud of him. I keep telling him how proud I am of him and he just says, " thank you"
Now we just need to get to the point where he tells me he has to go potty and I don't have to remind him every 25 minutes.
I will say though that day one I didn't think I was going to make it, but tonight I am feeling really good and think we might finally be down to only one in diapers. I will keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Sarah and Mike said...

Great job Jarom!!! That is a huge deal. (sorry we missed Cole's blessing-don't know if you heard-but Mike got horrible a horrible stomach flu saturday night-needless to say: I thought that your even would be better without us; but Mike really missed seeing you guys. We love reading your blg. Love you guys.

rindy said...

what the heck!!!!!!! awesome job! i am getting ready to do boot camp here, too. but thought i would wait till we got to CO. but i can't believe jarom caught on SO QUICK! that's great! now just cole's diapers to change. i am TOTALLY jealous!

rindy said...

oh an p.s.- what a chunker cole is and you look AMAZING!

Kim said...

Awesome, awesome! I'm sure the potty makes life easier. Conrats Jarom! One down, one to go... Have you read about people potty training their infants? I've heard some crazy stuff. Maybe you could try Cole next...